equivalent sales increase
annual store cost savings
number of stores
program kWh savings
simple payback (months)
low cost savings for grocers
Through our Grocery Monitoring Based Commissioning (GMBCx) pilot program for ComEd we helped grocery store owners reduce excess energy usage.
Our GMBCx pilot program relied on whole building level interval data to identify costly energy creep of refrigeration, lighting, and HVAC systems.
The project included screening audits at over 30 grocery stores in the greater Chicago area with a focus on low cost strategies that leveraged the existing controls infrastructure at the store.
We provided implementation assistance by guiding owners and service contractors to implement our recommendations at 15 stores which ranged from typical mid—sized to large neighborhood markets as well as smaller format stores.
Left unchecked, energy use tends to “creep” up and identifying and resolving the culprits takes time can be a hassle.
We made it easy for grocery stores to manage energy use and avoid energy creep by tracking energy use in our online, proprietary energy project tracking and savings analysis system.
- site visit by our engineers
- scoping audit for each store
- no-cost savings opportunities
- low cost savings opportunities
- energy efficiency measures
- bill tracking for one year to ensure lasting energy savings
common energy projects
- suction pressure adjustments
- condensing pressure adjustments
- anti-sweat heater controls
- defrost controls scheduling
- dase lighting controls
- condenser fan VFD sequencing
- area lighting controls
- air handler commissioning