a few words about
bringing sustainability to life
For over two decades and counting, we deliver building energy consulting services to help reverse climate change.
Our mission is to make sustainable buildings the norm by improving your building’s comfort and indoor air quality and increasing your building’s value, while delivering energy and water savings on your bill.
Everyday we wake up excited and ready to:
- Save the world – one building at a time.
- Work with great folks in a rewarding career.
- Leave a better world for our kids, and their kids.
practice what we preach
Fueled by our passion for a healthy planet, one of our core company values is environmental sustainability.
certified green business
We are a Bay Area Green Business and remain one today promoting environmental leadership, efficient operation, and employee comfort and well-being.
We purchase TerraPass carbon offset credits to cover all business travel.
We practice environmental purchasing, waste reduction, utilize green cleaning, monitor occupant comfort, utilize integrated pest management and practice water efficiency.
We purchase 100% post-consumer waste paper goods, and we use our shredded paper goods to feed our compost worms.
LEED certified headquarters
Our Oakland headquarters is ENERGY STAR and LEED Gold Certified. Sustainable features with applicable LEED credits include key features such as:
- 10 kW PV system with remote monitoring
- double-pane low-E, operable windows
- overall lighting power density of 0.8 W/sf (EA-1.1)
- daylight / views from 90+% of workspaces (IEQ 8.1, 8.2, 8.3)
- skylights over high-use areas (1 new, 1 refurbished existing) (EA-1.1)
- sustainable carpet
- carpet is Eco Solution Q 25% recycled content, low-emitting material fully recyclable back into carpet fiber through depolymerization by manufacturer. (IEQ-1.3)
- backing is 70% Total Recycled Content, 50% Post-consumer (Reliance, Embassy) (IEQ-4.1)
- no-VOC primer and paint throughout (Kelly Moore Envirocoat) (IEQ-4.2)
- cabinetry locally manufactured (MR-5.1)
- renewable natural linoleum (cork / linseed oil) (MR-6)
- bamboo flooring (rapidly renewable) (MR-6)
- appliances are Energy Star Certified (EA-1.4)
- bike rack and showers for employee use (SS-3.2)
- close to public transportation and close connection to community (SS-2, SS-3.1)
- flexible work schedules
- building-wide recycling program (MR Prereq 1)
- on-site composting (Vermicompost)
- certified water smart business by East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD)
- nearly 75% less water usage per person compared to equivalent buildings (EBMUD audit)
- low flow fixtures: faucets, sinks and toilets
interested in a green career?
Check out our current job openings.